plugs & hp increases

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 18 16:28:15 GMT 1997

>> Japanese cars don't like Bosch plugs. I spent days figuring out an
>> erratic idle problem which disappeared when I reverted to NGK.
>> My buddy was also having the same problem with the same cure.
>> I heard they work beautifully in German cars though.
>>
>> gchan at compserv.senecac.on.ca
>Please explain how the nationality of the car affects plug type. Do they
>use different materials in the cylinder heads? This seems like saying
>"my Pinto runs good on Amoco, but my Vega likes Shell." What's the
>correlation?

if the platinums run hotter then, if the system were at it's
limit, it'd start to detonate or pre-ignite (can't get that
straight  8^)  ....  and combustion chamber design affects
things like that, so different types of engines could
conceivably not like platinum plugs ..... just a thought

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>