Recommend a good `scope for viewing injector pulses??

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 18 22:12:04 GMT 1997

>Can someone recommend a good cheap,worldwide brand (we are in the UK)
>scope for viewing EFI injector pulse width?

I can understand the desire to look at the pulse shapes,
but can anyone tell me why measuring the pulse widths isn't
adequate -- and why measuring with a tachometer-like
analog (or digital) meter isn't really better ??

The circuit could be as simple as taking an actual
tachometer and modifying the scale to read 0 to
100% or using a BJT with a trimpot to set the meter
to "100" with full "on" and a cap to keep the meter
from jiggling.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>