plugs & hp increases

Steve Meade smeade at deltanet.com
Wed Jun 18 21:52:07 GMT 1997

> Please explain how the nationality of the car affects plug type. Do they
> use different materials in the cylinder heads? This seems like saying
> "my Pinto runs good on Amoco, but my Vega likes Shell." What's the
> correlation?

	I think there are several major factors to consider:

	* Different cyclinder head materials and design
	* Different heat ranges
	* Different ignition systems

	Oh, my Dodge Intrepid will pretty much run on any crap you can pour into
the tank but my BMW runs bad on Mobil yet runs excellent on Shell. I'm
citing the difference in fuel injection systems as the reason.

> Barney Ward

Steve Meade
smeade at deltanet.com