Using a scope

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Thu Jun 19 14:14:04 GMT 1997

Being a mechanical engineer, I have a natural fear of electrons or in
other words a little knowledge is dangerous.

If you hook up a scope to something like a injector circuit are you
suppposed to use isolator transformers or somekind of isolation circuit
to protect the scope?  Are these built into the scope?

In Dallas on the first Saturday of each month, there is a swap meet for
electronic stuff.  It started out decades ago as a ham radio meet, but
as evolved to a computer orientation.  There is a lot of test equipment
there including HP stuff.  Can I tell if a scope works properly as long
as the guy can turn it on?

Joe boucher
'70 Camaro, '81 TBI Suburban
Bedford, TX