307kW "Factory" engines..

dzorde dzorde at geocities.com
Thu Jun 19 14:39:56 GMT 1997

MMMHHH, looks like I might be wrong about the factory fitting of the APS,
anyway they are bloody fast.  I ran a hill climb event in my HQ Monaro with
a TPI 350 (no laughing please, this one does go around corners and stop very
well, unlike most others) in it and the GTS-R put in a time 4 sec faster
(but I'm sure that's because of his ABS).  Then again he was 2 sec slower
than a 427 Cobra, which was again 2.5sec slower than a D-type Jag.

Anyway to finish as this thread started, there are still muscle cars being
built today with the enormous power of the cars in the '70s.

Dan     dzorde at geocities.com