Fuel injector cleaner

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Fri Jun 20 14:48:38 GMT 1997

> Date:          Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:14:58 -0700
> From:          Aron Travis <atravis at spacey.net>
> To:            diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject:       Fuel injector cleaner

> Anyone have a recipe for home made fuel injector cleaner?
>
> Also, what do the commercial brands have in them? My guess is that
> they're mainly alcohol and kerosene???

An article in performance engineering recommends 1,1,1
trichloroethane and a stiff bristle brush to clean the outside.
Don't immerse the injector, just scrub at it.

An ultrasonic pen or jewelry cleaner and fuel injector cleaner
(Chevron Techron) to clean the outlet.  Stand the injector up in the
cleaner so the outlet is in the solution and run the cleaner to 10
minutes.

Run a half n half mixture of mineral spirits and injector cleaner
thru the injector on the bench to clean the inside.