Fuel Dissociation Catalyst

Richard Cartledge fac51 at innotts.co.uk
Sat Jun 21 19:56:12 GMT 1997

((Quote from gasoline FAQ at URLs))
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk:80/internet/news/faq/archive/autos.gasoline-faq.part1.html
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk:80/internet/news/faq/archive/autos.gasoline-faq.part2.html
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk:80/internet/news/faq/archive/autos.gasoline-faq.part3.html
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk:80/internet/news/faq/archive/autos.gasoline-faq.part4.html

"Mr.Gunnerman advocates hydrocarbon/water emulsion fuels and
promoted his A-55 fuel before the new A-21. A recent article claims a
29% gain in fuel economy [130], and he
claims that mixing water with naphtha can provide as much power from an
IC engine as the same flow rate of
gasoline. He claims the increased efficiency is from catalysed
dissociation of A-21 into H2 in the engine, because the
combustion chamber of the test engines contain a "non-reactive"
catalyst. For his fuel to provide power increases, he
has to utilise heat energy that is normally lost. A-21 is just naphtha (
effectively unleaded gasoline without
oxygenates ) and water ( about 55% ), with small amouts of winterizing
and anti-corrosive additives. If the magic
catalyst is not present, conventional IC engines will not perform as
efficiently, and may possibly be damaged if A-21
is used. The only modification is a new set of spark plugs, and it is
also claimed that the fuel can replace both diesel
and gasoline. It has been claimed that test results of A-21 fuel
emissions have shown significant reductions in CO2 (
50% claimed - who is surprised when the fuel is 55% water? :-) ), CO,
HCs, NOx and a 70% reduction in diesel
particulates and smoke. It's claimed that 70% of the exhaust stream
consists of water vapour. He has formed a joint
venture company with Caterpillar called Advanced Fuels. U.S. patent
#5,156,114 ( Aqueous Fuel for Internal
Combustion Engines and Combustion Method ) was granted to Mr.Gunnerman
in 1992."

I was wondering if the 'catalyst' is likely to be platinum or some other
metal maybe silver, tin or lead????
I hope this becomes widespread technology before all of the world's oil
is depleted.
If anyone knows what the catalyst is, I would be most grateful if you
can email me and/or post on the list and I'll give it a try.

Regards, Richard Cartledge