GM TPI auto trans -> manual?

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Mon Jun 23 16:49:02 GMT 1997

Hi John

Sorta depends if you want all emissions function..
Egr and cannister depend on P/N switch..
Also idle has a P/N offset..

For the 50$Can for the calpak for an emissions legal package
I just would get a calpak..

If you are not worried about emissions the auto works just
fine in a pinch.

I haven't yet tried it but a auto should work if left in
drive mode.. Emissions should be intact..

Me I usually just gnd the P/N switch and you might adjust
the idle speed higher.. Autos usually idle at 500 rpm while
manuels are at 700.. There is no IAC error reported if you
turn up the idle screw..

You might also get one of the guys to help you with a manuel
file and just reprogram your calpak if you have a burner..

GL:peter