Holley fuel pump

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 26 16:03:06 GMT 1997

>This isn't quite "on topic" but here goes anyway...:)
>I retrofitted a GM TBI system on my 2.8l cherokee last week.
>I used a holley external fuel pump instead of the OEM intake pump
>and that holley pump is LOUD!  I have to turn the stereo way up to
>keep from hearing it's whining!  Has anyone else had this problem?
>If so, what did you do to remedy it?  any ideas? anyone??

The Holley red and blue gerotor pumps are LOUD !  What part
of that don't you understand ???

                   8^)

I've double insulated mine from the frame on crushed
rubber heater hose.  Then determined that some of the
noise was being transmitted to the frame through the
metal fuel line, so I put heater hose over that -- that
helped, but it's still loud.  Next, I'm going to put on
cherry bombs or such so I don't have to listen to it      ;-)
(In audio-ese, we call that "Masking" !!)

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>