fuel rail

Stephen Dubovsky dubovsky at vt.edu
Fri Jun 27 01:15:12 GMT 1997

  Hello all, finally getting my 84 2.5L jeep cherokee injected DIY-EFI
style.  The problem I was having was in manufacturing a fuel rail.  I
bought an old one off a four-banger mustang but of course none of the
fittings are in the right place, so I cut it up and was going to use hose
to connect all of the peices together.  Here's where i might have a better
idea.  1/2" copper pipe and fittings will connect all of the pieces
together nicely instead of hose.  Will there be a problem w/ the fuel and
copper/soldering if I fabricate it this way?  Im mostly worried about
corrosion or some sort of chemical reaction w/ the fuel.  I can paint/plate
the outside to protect it from the elements.  Any thoughts?

BTW, it looks like one could flare a copper elbow or T joint to fit over
the intake end of the injector instead of buying and butchering a premade
rail.  Has anyone ever tried this or have a better idea for my next project?

Tnx,
Stephen Dubovsky