CNG Injectors

James Thorne jthorn at mustangeng.com
Fri Jun 27 13:00:32 GMT 1997

From: adevuo at landi.it (Antonio De Vuono)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 12:31:02 +0200
Subject: CNG Injectors

Do you know if I can obtain a copy of Data Sheets of the CNG injectors that
you used?

Could you please send me the address of MSD? Who are they? Are they Bosch
distributors?

Where is your shop?  I will come in USA in the next future, if it will be
possible I will come to see the car.

I do not have datasheets on the injectors.  I got the idea when they were given to us that they
were some sort of pilot project that they would rather not talk about.  Ford assured me the
internals were appropriate for CNG use but were actually methenol injectors from thier indy
program.  We had to flow test them ourselves.  Ford told us they were stable to about 100 psi.
we had no trouble up to about 120 at which point they would not open.  MSD is better known
for thier ignitions products but they also have a large fuel injection components division.  They
are in El Paso Texas.  You can call them and they will send you a catalog of fuel components.
They are not Bosch distributers.  They manufacture a complete line of thier own racing fuel
injection components including injectors.  I do not have the number here at the office.  As for
the CNG Mustang,  its at the Slot Car Mustangs shop here in Houston TX.  I do not own the
shop but know the owner well and would be glad to take you by to see the car.  Let me know
when you will be in Houston.

James Thorne