Holley fuel pump

Alex seeitall at webrider.net.au
Fri Jun 27 13:29:18 GMT 1997

To Greg Woods

Greg, I had a Mazda R100 and was quite happy with its standard electric
pump, however, it had mechanical actuating contacts inside and when they
went U/S I too tried a Holley pump and, like you, immediately started
looking for an alternative. I went to the local auto parts store and
picked up a pretty good unit that did not have a "name". It was
transitor switched and lasted a long time without too much trouble. This
did fail, however, it was due to the igress of moisture in and around
the electronics. I bought another of the same kind and sealed up the
unit properly prior to installation. That car has now since passed out
of my hands and is still running well (monster ported 12A blah blah). Go
to the auto parts store near you, tell then you would like to HEAR a
pump running, this they should be happy to do. If the pump sits on the
bench, or in your hand, and purrs like a kitten have a go. Sometimes
'no-name' components are better. With your TBI system make sure the pump
you buy can deliver the same quantity of fuel per minute as the std unit
or else you may be disappointed.
R's

Alex
RE: greg woods