Knock Sensor signal level

Fred Miranda fcmtb at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 27 19:12:19 GMT 1997

I think it can be quite a bit more than 20mv.
Seems to depend on the particular type.

I just checked a Mazda(ND) unit and got some pulses of 35v pk.
Thats by rapping on it with a wrench while holding it in my hand.
(storage scope very handy here ;-) )

>From what I recall the GM units seemed more sensitive. Thought I
had one around but couldn't find it to test.

Haven't checked one in a car. (yet)

Fred