fuel rail

Ric Rainbolt ricrain at airmail.net
Fri Jun 27 19:48:10 GMT 1997

<<Don't use copper plumbing... assuming its of the home depot or similar
variety.

While the copper tubing can take some pressure, I see two issues.  The
solder (acid core) will be eaten from the inside, and in time leak, and
second, the joints in time might fold or weaken under the 45 PSI typical of
fuel injection.  I'd strongly recommend using steel fuel lines or steel
piping to accomplish this.  These comments aren't based on my experience,
I'm actually regurgitating what someone had told me, since I considered the
same thing before I got the complete engine that I did.>>

Also, copper lines will work harden due to the heat cycling of underhood
temps and eventually break from the vibration.  Copper is also unlikely to
be compatible with a wide array of fuel additives.  Two racecar building
books I have specifically speak against the use of copper plumbing,
especially for fuel.

I use steel hard lines or aluminum rails in conjunction with braided steel
reinforced lines.

Ric Rainbolt