Big overlap cams and EFI

David Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Mon Jun 30 04:02:40 GMT 1997

>At 06:55 PM 6/27/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Joe Boucher
>> You can use the remote vacuum pumps [external] that came on many of the GM
>>cars of the 80s if you have a low vacuum.
>>Good Luck
>>Greg Abarr
>>
>That's not what I'm getting at.  The ECM goes nuts and won't manage the
>fuel properly.  Why?
>
>Joe Boucher
>70 RS/SS Camaro   81 TBI Suburban
>Bedford, TX

The computer algorithms are not written to handle the low vaccuume at idle
that a large cam causes.  That takes a special programing.  It ammounts to
running our of adjustment in the maps to compensate.

David Doddek     pantera at pobox.com    www.pobox.com/~pantera    217-422-3722
69 EFI Fairlane, 89 T-bird SC, 74 Twin turbo NOS EFI Pantera #6825
If you are going to go fast, go real fast.