Holley fuel pump

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 30 12:59:18 GMT 1997

>> I fitted a holley fuel pump on my celica not too long ago. Count your
>> blessings you have a stereo: i haven't put mine back in yet! Mine changes
>> pitch with the indicator!!
>>
>> Is this pump running at high pressure?
>
>Bruno,
>Not real high.  It is the pump holley normally sells with their pro-jection
>FI conversion kits.  I think Holley told me it does upto 30psi.

I guess I'm confused -- the big red and blue Holley gerotor
pumps are LOUD! and have about 7 - 10 psi output pressure -- they're
designed to replace the old mechanical pump and to drive a carb.
I have one of those in series before the high-pressure Carter
pump on my ProJection.  The smaller Carter in-line pump that
comes with the ProJection is designed to feed into a 15 - 20 psi
regulator and makes no noticeable noise above the normal cabin
noise of my Bronco (I've had two of the Carter pumps -- thought
the first was bad when it was a clogged pickup sock in the tank).

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>