TPI HELP

Terry Hartman txhartma at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
Sat Mar 1 14:54:06 GMT 1997

> From: Scot Sealander <Sealand at clarityconnect.com>
> Subject: Re: TPI HELP

> >> Why?  What is your concern?
> > It can (note that I did not say that it will) cause damage to the ECM.
>
> Can you be more specific?  What kind of damage?  Where did you learn
> this?

I would like to know this as well - I thought that if you started
the motor with the A&B pins grounded, the ECM went into the
field-diagnostic mode and the SES/MIL would flash quickly if in
open-loop or like once per second if in closed loop.  It may also
show rich/lean or something like that right?  What am I thinking of?

thanks,

T.