Ram air with MAP?

Frank/G.speed fmlin at ccnet3.ccnet.com
Sat Mar 1 20:40:41 GMT 1997

If I ram air an engine with MAP sensor, will the change in pressure
and mess up the MAP output?  I know that there won't be any kind of
pressure until high speed (maybe 0.5 psi at 100 MPH or more?)...  but
assume I get 1 psi @ 130 MPH.

On ram air (or cold air) systems, the IAT sensor will pick up the
cooler air and modifiy fuel accordingly right?  Does everyone
here agree with this rule of thumb - every 11 F degree or reduction
in IAT you gain 1% of HP?

--
Frank M. Lin	  | G.speed - Z.Speed Trust HKS DC-Sports Razo/Carmate Soei
fmlin at ccnet.com   | Web page - http://www.ccnet.com/~fmlin/gspeed.html

Fastest 1/4 Mile Honda's - http://www.ccnet.com/~fmlin/eg2/fastest