Denso EFI potting=ack!

Fred Zillinger industro-serve at ccinet.ab.ca
Tue Mar 4 03:17:07 GMT 1997

>  The Suzuki TL1000S arrived on Friday.  It's fitted with a Denso ECU.
>There's no EPROM slot, and the production version of the box is
>completely potted with the most satanic stuff I've ever seen.  It's
>like RTV with lots of ground glass mixed in... Is this an industry
>standard potting material?

The same stuff was used in some Ford ignition modules. I think the reason they add the
silicone to the potting is that sand is cheaper then RTV,

I found that a hot air pencil worked to soften the RTV and then it just crumbled away. It
was still a lot of work.

Fred Zillinger                         industro-serve at ccinet.ab.ca
Industro-Serve Inc.                        Work:     403-342-1125
#4, 7875-48th Avenue                  Home:   403-748-2560
Red Deer, Alberta                          Fax:       403-343-0030
Canada, T4P 2K1                        http://www.instalog.com/