PLL on crank angle sensor input >> SSI 67F687 chip

Steven Arnold slarnold at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Thu Mar 6 00:17:09 GMT 1997

> basically, the best method is to use a second order or higher software system to allow for
> rate-of-change, etc, to interpolate additional accuracy, this can work very well.
>
> for example, toyota use a 6 tooth per engine revolution cam position system in some of their
> engines, yet get very accurate ignition timing, as they use higher order software approximations
> to gain additional resolution.
>
> basically, a simple PLL is just not up to the job.

thanks, this is what I suspected.

I'm now looking with interest at the SSI 67F687 Engine Interface
Peripheral chip.  If any one on the list has used this chip, and has an
example of how they described there crank/cam angle sensor patterns, it
would be appreciated.  (Although the data sheet explains the procedure,
it is hard to interpret without an example).

Thanks
slarnold at postoffice.utas.edu.au
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1309