injectors and rails

David Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Sat Mar 8 05:04:05 GMT 1997

>Gentlemen:
>
>I've got a single plane intake and an old carb for a throttle body.  Now
>I want to drill holes and install 8 injector bosses and injectors/fuel rail.
>(then engine is a 351-C)
>
>Any advice?
>
>I'd like to use O-ring injectors (the hoses on a type 6 injector make me
>nervous).  Anybody got a clever idea an to how to fasten down the fuel
>rail to the intake?
>
>I've seen one setup that drilled a hole through the manifold and ran a
>bolt up through the hole into the bottom of the fuel rail (which had been
>threaded to accept the bolt)  This looked nice but you'd have to remove
>the manifold just to service the injectors.  Sort of a bad design bbut if
>people tell me I'll rarely need to service the injectors then I'll
>consider this option.
>
>Thanks in advance
>jw

I made a bracket that went under 2 of the intake bolts on each side and then
bolted into the sides of the fuel rail.  Only had to remove the bolts
holding the brackets to the fuel rail to get the rails off.  By the way, the
size to drill the holes are 14mm.

David Doddek        pantera at pobox.com        217-422-3722
69 EFI Fairlane, 89 T-bird SC, 74 Twin turbo NOS EFI Pantera (I like to go fast)