Vtec and Toyota 4AGE engine id's

Paul Rosser paul.r at xtra.co.nz
Sat Mar 8 23:04:02 GMT 1997

Could somebody please offer some help with ID'ing the different type's of=
 engine variant's on these two motor's. I know the Vtec 1600 come's in half=
 a dozen type's from 110 to 160 Hp but I don't know how to ID them. I=
 imagine there is a serial number prefix or something. I also need to know=
 the three different spec's on the Toyota 4AGE. This motor come in three=
 variant's. A 110 Hp, 130 Hp and a 170 rare model as well. Yep that's right=
 170 Hp from the 16 valve motor. I know that maybe you can ID them from the=
 tappet cover color but colors or power I am not sure on. Now I also know=
 that later 4AGE's had 20 valve motor's but they were not the 170 Hp motor's=
 and I think that they were more an economy motor (No dynamic performance).=
 They reason I need to know is that There are two of us ( one New Zealander=
 and one Australian) that are possibly looking at fitting either of these=
 motor's to the back of a old Fiat 850 (700kg). Also while you are here can=
 anybody see any problem's about running a gearbox backward's. Eg input=
 shaft spun backward's from original design.

Paul

<center>

Paul Rosser

</color>587 Frankley Rd	             	Ph  64 6 7539372

New Plymouth				Fax 64 6 7539372

New Zealand

<bold><underline>http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/3812

________