DFI Fuel maps

jpearl at qsihome0.qsi.com jpearl at qsihome0.qsi.com
Tue Mar 11 06:30:20 GMT 1997

Doh! I looked at the maps again tonight just after sending that message -
duh!!

They're simple ASCII as at least one respondent pointed out. I had looked
at them months ago and must've been looking at the full map and not just
the fuel map because I swear I remember them being a real hash to figure
out. Seems the fuel map is a stream of ASCII starting at the top left,
moving right to fill a row, and then going to the next row starting at the
left (sigh). Simple!

Now for the hard part - any other software besides the Calmap stuff? I've
heard of software being given to the dealers for use, especially data
logging software. However the package I heard about wouldn't record O2
voltage - grr!

Anyway, having seen the Electromotive software (cha ching$ -  used to have
a copy too...) and having lived with the DFI stuff I really wish the two
packages were a lot more alike! I'll keep the DFI hardware thanks but the
Electromotive software did some nice stuff! How about programming it's own
maps based upon O2 feedback for stoich? Now that would be helpful for the
DFI! Hey, maybe even sneak up on a WOT run to get it close? How about a
knock sensor we could program instead of allowing it to pull tons of
timing? Okay, I'm dreaming but it's a really nice dream. With the DFI being
made to be programmed it sure would be nice to hear that someone had hacked
it and built a better mousetrap....

Hey Mike - that Calibrator sure would be nice right about now - even an
updated demo would be nice!

jvp at qsi.com