articles related to cylinder head

Shaun Brady sbrady at pacific.pacific.net
Sat Mar 15 15:50:19 GMT 1997

At 05:43 AM 3/15/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Are there any other book(s) or magazine articles I should track
>down and read?  Specifically, I was wondering if there's any
>thing out there that discuss the 2.0 liter touring car engines
>or F1 engines in detail.

My favorite in this flavor is "Four-Stroke Performance Tuning" by A. Graham
Bell, ISBN 0-85429-275-6.

>I'm mainly interested in the high
>revving (D)OHC engines.  But I'm equally eager to read anything
>V8

On a more american V8 note, try "How to Build Horsepower" by David Vizard,
ISBN 0-931472-24-5

Both books have in depth discussions on cylinder head modifications.  The
Bell book has a chapter on exhaust that includes a discussion of megaphones.
Bell also has a 2 stroke book that includes a very in depth discussion of
diffuser exhausts.

SBrady