MAF

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sat Mar 15 23:19:12 GMT 1997

-> How about using the GM L98 TPI MAF sensor.  Yea yea I know you're a
-> BIG block man, but bite on this.

 I thought all the L98s were speed density.  A friend's '90 Corvette is,
anyway.  Hmm.

-> Autozone sells the MAF sensor core for $40.00... you could, in

 ???  Are you talking about the ordinary Delco "coffee can" MAF?

-> I think the Zone wants $150 for a complete unit.

 Try $250 with exchange.  They have the smaller V6 MAFs for around $150.

-> You would of course,
-> have to figure out the new flow curve of the hybrid sensor. That aint
-> nothing for a stepper as we say at work.

 The way I see it, I'm still going to have a speed-density rig, 'cause
that's what'll be calibrating the MAF.  And instead of RPM x pressure x
fudge factor, I'll have MAF x fudge factor.  Am I missing something
basic here?

 I have 90% of my flow bench done, but I'm not going to get time to
finish it up before I either need to get the EFI going or buy another
carb and intake.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==