Alkeehaul and liquid dynamite

Duane Reed duanered at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 17 03:40:08 GMT 1997

Robert Harris wrote:

> A little ancient history - once upon a time there was a device called a
> holley four barrel carb.  Its primary air/fuel circuit was completely
> separate from its secondary (rear barrels) on many models. The primary
> handled starting,idling, cruising, light load etc.  The secondary kicked in
> by linkage or vacuum demand and only handled medium to heavy loads near or
> at WOT.  Which led some midnight racers in the quest of too much too much
> too much is never enuff to separate the fuel crossover into two fuel
> systems and run street gas in the primary and rework the secondaries to run
> on Alkeehaulass.  The motor putted and trolled on street gas, and when it
> came time to strut, it turned into an alcohol motor just by pushing the
> throttle. This allowed 13 to 1 plus compression's and an alcohol motor cam
> profile to be run.  Roundy Round dirt track sprint cars ran hundred miler
> races in the eighties making over a hundred horsepower per liter naturally
> aspirated on 7000 rpm pushrod V-8's so there be gold in dat dare stuff.
>
> Then those who had long ago lost all connection with reality would a just a
> "taste" of nitro to the mix - about 10 to 15 percent with a tad of benzene
> and whatever to the recipe.  The addition of liquid dynamite to the alcohol
> leads to ridiculous numbers - like 300 plus horsepower per liter at about
> 15 pounds boost but an engine life limited to a few thousand cylinder
> firings total (add it up - 8000 rpm full load life 4 seconds per run, 2
> runs maybe before rebuild) .  But used in moderation can add 30 to 40
> percent power to an alcohol motor and still live long enuff to finish the
> banzii.
>
> Then there came the bottle - Nitrous Oxide.  The throttle plate was quite
> common - a spray bar for Nitrous, a spray bar for fuel, and it
> twernt long before the bottle was working with methanol and a "taste" by
> the truly insane.
>
> The common thread between these examples is that a relatively stock
> induction system was retained for all the nasty stuff like starting,
> idling, going for groceries etc. and a completely separate fuel air mixing
> system running not-gasocrap was added and turned on when desired.
>
> Now contemplate EFI.  Leave the stock monster pretty much alone, add a
> second "four barrel" throttle body and air flow sensor and a separate set
> of injectors - burning whatever your wallet and courage limit you to - say
> a witch's brew of methanol, toluene, liquid dynamite, benzene, propylene
> oxide and secret sauce.
> The controller only has two jobs. A: to meter the kickapoo joy juice to the
> air flow of the secondary, and only under warmed up near full load.  And B:
> to determine when and how fast it opens the secondary system - say using a
> "by wire" throttle controlled not by foot but by demand - kinda like the
> vacuum secondary on 4 barrels.
>
> I believe this could probably be worked with a basic stamp computer and
> [...]

NICE PIECE ROBERT I LIKE!!!!
	yes i run a street toyota 4x4 with nitrous/methanol injection!!!!  pump
gas for grocery gettin but i have a small tank(1/2gal.) filled with
methanol. switch on dash starts fuel pump and arms two selonoids. at wot
switch on thottle body makes contact opening the selonoids releasing the
two components into mixing jets restricted by orfices of different size
so mix comes out ready to go(rich mixture is safer not better) i use
6x16thousands(.016inch)on nitrous and 6x 28thousands(.028inch)on
methanol at a pressure of 15 lbs this setup nets @75hp at wheels this
setup is commonly refered to as direct port i think this is what you are
talking about?

Duane-TEAM UNLUCKY-Reed