Holley Pro-Jection 501-2

Mike Olsson Mike.Olsson at eu.pnu.com
Mon Mar 17 07:38:33 GMT 1997

     Hi guys,

     I'm the weirdo that threw out a question on running a O2-sensor to a
     panel gauge and thus monitoring the air/fuel ratio in actual driving
     situations. I haven't given up the idea - I've just finished putting
     together a homemade meter based on the LM3914. As soon as I've fitted
     a three wire sensor and hopefully made everything work, I will come
     back (is anyone interested?) and share my experiences.

     As you might recall. have a 225 slant 6 with a Weber 32/36 DGAV
     2-barrel staged carb. Though I believe it's very versatile, I still
     would like to see what the old \6 can do with fuel injection.

     Someone recommended me to check out the Holley 501-2, which is
     supposed to work as a replacement for six cylinder (258"?) Jeeps. I
     checked the Holley Website and it seems to be a 300 CFM TB with a few
     tuning possibilities and an optional closed loop system.

     I hunted around the Message Board and it was pretty interesting: A lot
     of people had all kinds of complaints on different types of
     Pro-Jections - some were extremely pissed with anything by the name
     Holley. I got the feeling though, that most of them had not any
     theoretical or practical experience with fuel injection before trying
     to swap the old carbs with this set-up. There were also some messages
     that expressed real satisfaction with the system.

     Question:

     Has any of of you any experience with these set-ups? I understand that
     the Holley fuel pumps aren't the best, but are there other draw-backs
     which are unique for Pro-Jection? Is this junk or what? Todays tip:
     Anyone interested in buying a cheap hardly used Pro-Jection should
     post a wanted ad in the Holley Fuel-Injection message board.

     Grateful for any advice

     / Mike

     '65 Valiant station wagon
     '68 Mustang conv.