MAF

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Mon Mar 17 14:41:27 GMT 1997

----------
From:
 dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us[SMTP:dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us]
Sent:  Saturday, March 15, 1997 9:29 AM
To:  diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
Subject:  MAF

-> How about using the GM L98 TPI MAF sensor.  Yea yea I know you're
-> BIG block man, but bite on this.
Actually, they are BOTH, determined by the model year.  Yours is an
"in betweener".  Earlier AND later models (I don't remember the exact
dates, but the '90 is the first year with MAP).  Are MAF.

 I thought all the L98s were speed density.  A friend's '90 Corvette
is,
anyway.  Hmm.

-> Autozone sells the MAF sensor core for $40.00... you could, in

 ???  Are you talking about the ordinary Delco "coffee can" MAF?

-> I think the Zone wants $150 for a complete unit.

 Try $250 with exchange.  They have the smaller V6 MAFs for around
$150.

-> You would of course,
-> have to figure out the new flow curve of the hybrid sensor. That
aint
-> nothing for a stepper as we say at work.

 The way I see it, I'm still going to have a speed-density rig,
'cause
that's what'll be calibrating the MAF.  And instead of RPM x pressure
fudge factor, I'll have MAF x fudge factor.  Am I missing something
basic here?

 I have 90% of my flow bench done, but I'm not going to get time to
finish it up before I either need to get the EFI going or buy another
carb and intake.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN,
EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C
'92==