Automotive HID Lighting...

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Mon Mar 17 14:47:59 GMT 1997

----------
From:  FJB203 at aol.com[SMTP:FJB203 at aol.com]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 12, 1997 8:04 AM
To:  diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
Subject:  Re: Automotive HID Lighting...

>  Actually...I have one of those commercially available inverters
(hmmm..did
>  confuse it with a converter?) that should be able to handle running
some

Yes, but I knew what you meant.  Generally the word "Inverter" is used
when
switching power supply components are utilized.

An inverter converts DC to AC.  A Converter coverts DC to a different
voltage level.

>  As far as retrofitting the housing, I'm also assuming that that
shouldn't
be
>  THAT hard...I hope...  I just want those HID lights!  :)

I have two pairs of high-wattage ion lights from two different Lexus
vehicles, that if I rehoused them, would make fabulous headlights.
 My
favorite type of headlight is the european yellow.  Our government
doesn't
allow yellow headlights, however an interesting fact is that the
yellow only
blinds you when it goes by, and once it passes, human eyes readjust to
the
dark about 30% faster than if white headlights go by.  Go figure.

Fred
Notice:

This message was found in a dead-letter box and appears to be for
you.
If you have already gotten a copy of this message, we beg your
tolerance.

The Unix Systems Group