Fiat Spyder project

Chief afn14222 at afn.org
Mon Mar 17 18:47:09 GMT 1997

Thanks for all the posts relating to my Fiat problems.  I have the thing
running now.  I had a timing and fuel problem.
I applied 12V for a short time to each injector to un-stick them and now the
engine runs with cold start injector unplugged.

The only thing is when I apply the throttle, the car revs up a little (+1000
RPM or so) and then falls flat.

I believe the probem may lie with the air flow meter.  I check the pins for
resistance with a DMM and everything seemed fine except the change in
resistance seen when deflecting the air flap.  The resistance increased for
a while as I moved the flap but then dropped again and jumped around as I
continued to move the flap further open.

Does anybody know what max voltage I should see at full deflection.

Thanks.