Bosch FI book - conclusion

gofast at ix.netcom.com gofast at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 18 14:06:52 GMT 1997

Thanks to the many people who responded to my inquiry about How to Tune &
Modify Bosch Fuel Injection by B. Watson 176 pages.

>From the gist of the responses, it seems that it has a good overview of
Bosch FI, with a small mods section. However, I dont think it will have
enough meat for me to invest in it- most of its likely contents and
debugging info are pretty well covered in some of the other books I have,
like the Probst FI book, various Haynes manuals for my BMWs, and the Alfa
GTV6/Milano factory manual, which really has excellent details about testing
individual sensors and even has some decent ECU info.

What I need is detailed ECU info, so I (with help from an engineer friend)
can try and hardware-tune the 77 BMW 530i (i.e. muck around with changing
circuit board components in the ECU - it has no chip). If anyone knows of
any sources of such antiquated technical info, I'd appreciate a point in the
right direction.

Thanks again.

Samir Shah
Stamford, CT