Hello!

Webb rwebb at polarnet.com
Tue Mar 18 18:49:13 GMT 1997

Todd Chisholm wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I stumbled across the DIY_EFI homepage last night, almost by
> accident.  I have been rolling around the idea of building a fuel
> injection system for my motorcycle (an '83 V45 Sabre) for a couple
> of years, but have never started for fear that I would get in over
> my head (and budget).  The thought resurfaced last night, and
> courtesy of lycos.com, I came across DIY.  To think that you have
> been around all this time!  I underestimate the internet.
>
> I am a Ph.D. student at the University of Toronto studying
> aerospace engineering.  I would like to get a feel for how far
> people can go with a home built EFI system.  If I feel that it is
> reasonable for me, I would like to go ahead with a system for my
> bike.  It is a V-4, 750cc engine.  Has anyone here built a system
> for their bike?
>
> After poking around in the DIY and EFI332 pages, I have a few
> questions.  My original thoughts were a very simple system based
> around an 8051 controller.  The EFI332 motherboard seems to be much
> more sophisticated.  Is the 8051 not powerful enough?  Is the EFI332
> the first full system to be put together by members?  Is there an FAQ
> that I should read to answer all these annoying questions?
>
> I look forward to dealing with you.
>
> Todd.
Thought you might like to know we are on the same wavelength from at
least 2 different wavelengths-

First, my interest centers on aviation. My current project is to fuel
inject and monitor two stroke engines, hoping to radically upgrade
reliability.

I also am using an 8051 derivative - actually it's a commercial
miniature single board computer ($89) with a 87c535 (8 adc channels,
serial, 3 timers, lots of memory, wire wrap space). At least for an open
loop system, there is all the power in the world.