Mounting Orientation of Bosch Fuel Pump

Ric Rainbolt ricrain at airmail.net
Wed Mar 19 23:52:15 GMT 1997

I have a Bosch fuel pump, as used on BMers, etc and I was wondering if there
are any restrictions on mounting axis.  Normal mounting for the cars I've
seen seems to be with the inlet and outlet of the pump parallel to the
ground.  What I need to do, because my engine bay is so heavily modified, is
to mount the pump with the inlet down and the outlet up, in other words,
straight up and down.

Will this promote cavitation, air bubbles, drain-back or any other
undesirable side-effects?  Any comments?

Ric Rainbolt