Major problem fixed!

Tony Bryant Tony.Bryant at psc.fp.co.nz
Sun Mar 23 22:57:29 GMT 1997

I finally got my system running reasonably. Problem turned
out to be that, when using a LM1949 (or in my case a
discrete copy), Using a diode to absorb the inductive kick
lengthens the pulse by about 2.5ms!. Not good when idle requires
about ~1.5ms times...

Changed to 39V Zeners, and lo and behold, the times return to
the theoretical values, and we're in business.

Question for the day: What opening/closing time corrections are
people here using with the LM1949 & lo-impedence injectors?

p.s. If you want any low RPM throttle response - dont make your
plenum chamber 3x the capacity of the engine!

$$$ MAKE CAR FAST $$$
bryantt at psc.fp.co.nz