turbo / seper charger - BEWARE

jpearl at qsihome0.qsi.com jpearl at qsihome0.qsi.com
Mon Mar 24 01:53:36 GMT 1997

You said: "Also, check out Turbo Performance Center, I know they have one
for Mustangs, which may or may not be compatible with your engine...

7423 Ritchie Highway
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
410-766-5215"

Be very wary of Mike Levitas and his promises!! He installed the twin turbo
kit on my 5.0 Mustang. To do a rering, balance, and install on my Mustang
he had the car for (count 'em) 50 WEEKS! I called them darned near every
day and the car would sit for WEEKS without anything being done. When I got
the car back it ran okay but it had picked up a ton of dust, a couple of
scratches, and a gouge in my window glass that they NEVER paid me for
despite saying they would. Mike has a deep knowledge of Turbos (certified
aircraft mechanic too but you'll never see him swing a wrench on your car)
particularly on Porsche vehicles but his shop is NOT efficient at all. I
saw cars come in, get rebuilt more than once, and leave in the time it took
them to do my car. He's a nice guy but I'd never leave a car in his hands
again! Rebuild a turbo or program an Electromotive computer maybe but NOT
install a kit. Oh yeah - price spiraled up and up on this job - get a
written estimate. By the time the bill was due for me I just wanted the
damn car back!

As for building a twin turbo 351W - well I'm about to try! I'm about to
test fit a 351W block into my bay and see if the turbos will fit from the
302. It'll be tight and may involve cutting shock towers but it may work.
Since the 302 and 351W are so close in size and can swap heads I'd look at
302 kits and modify one. Be very careful of kits that place the turbo low -
if it's below the oil level in the pan you have to sump it and that stinks
when the pump fails. In my case I run cast manifolds and twin T-25's from
Garret. I MIGHT speak to Mike about wheeling them up to T-28 specs but I
shiver at the thought of turning over another piece of hardware to him.
They did do a mean bolt-on job for 300Z's tho' - figured out how to change
the turbos faster than any dealer could and were doing them left and right
over there - while my car sat (sigh).