Turbo Talk...

Michael Yager yagerm1 at sunyit.edu
Mon Mar 24 04:16:21 GMT 1997

With the recient talk of turbos I have a question..

1. I now have a Air Research TO4 turbo. Are they any good?

I also have a ignition controller and knock sensor from a '78 regal turbo
coupe (with ignition modual) I intend to install this to my 2.5 on the
test stand. (still shooting for 300hp)

2. Any recomendations for mounting locations. Closer to exaust or intake?
(I wish to do a blow through)

3. Will a stock TBI computer compensate for boost? In any ammount ?
4. Should i consider fabricating some sort of intercooler ? Are the gains
worth the effort?

5. Any good sources for presurized air duct? mabey thin walled exaust
pipe w/ rubber couplers?

Also on a different note, i have been reading about the TPU capable chips.
They seem to have some nice built in capabilities. Are they worth further
research?
Has any one tried them? (ie. 68300 and 68HC16 families w/ TPU)

Thanks

-mike

			If you win the rat race,
			   Your still a rat!