Turbo Talk...

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Mon Mar 24 06:26:18 GMT 1997

[SNIP]
>Also on a different note, i have been reading about the TPU capable chips.
>They seem to have some nice built in capabilities. Are they worth further
>research?
>Has any one tried them? (ie. 68300 and 68HC16 families w/ TPU)

Check the EFI332 list and web site. The 68332, was derived from the
automotive world, especially the TPU. It is a very well supported processor
with lots of tools. I don't have much to say about the HC16, as never
looking at them, but might as well jump into a part that was really designed
for engine managment. Look at other chips in the 3xx line, like the 68f333,
contains Flash rom and A/D converters, or the 68336 which has some other
features.

Sandy