Questions...

Todd Chisholm todd at oddjob.utias.utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 25 00:40:10 GMT 1997

Hey all,

I've got a couple of questions about your group orders.  First, when
the order is placed, is it just for the PC board, or all the parts?
Is the list of the homepage up to date?  I would like to get a hold
of the driver board.  There has been a lot of talk about diodes
lately, and getting a sufficiently short pulse for the injectors.  I
don't know much about that non-digital electrical stuff.  Am I
correct in thinking that the driver board simply (!) takes a 5V
signal from the controller and opens the injector for the length of
time that the signal stays high?

There seems to be some interest in EFI on motorcycles.  A few people
have mentioned using throttle body instead of multiport.  I am
curious as to why throttle body would be used.  I assumed that
multiport would be more efficient.

My project seems to be taking its first steps.  I scavenged a board
from a friend based on the 6811 with 8 channel A/D and 8 channel
digital inputs.  Lots of output stuff.  It was originally for a
robotics course, but I think that I can twist it to my needs.  I was
thinking about easing into this slowly, perhaps hooking up a MAF
sensor to the bike with the original carbs to get a feel for how
much it is drawing at idle and under power.  Does anyone have an
idea for what type of MAF sensor would be appropriate?

Thanks,

Todd.