boost controllers

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 01:31:08 GMT 1997

<<   Ok- ya take a relieving pressure regulator (< $40), connect it as a
closed
   ended system that regulates the pressure across the wastegate diaphram
(NOT
   just as a bleeder valve!) and voila, you are there, with infinite
   adjustability and solid control; plus you saved $500 or more over an
   electronic controller with a "fuzzy" marketing angle! >>

I'm actually using a brass bleeder valve...boost control is ok...there's
always the problem with spiking every once in a while. I have heard that a
regulator will result in the same...but not as often.
But I am sure that the electronic boost controllers do the best job of
controlling boost. I'm not too sure of how effective their "fuzzy logic"
feature is...but when it comes to maintaining a rock solid boost level, the
electronic units are the way to go.

Van