TPS and RPM only?

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Wed Mar 26 01:27:22 GMT 1997

At 10:12 AM 3/25/97 -0500, you wrote:

>	If you're going to do TBI instead of MPI then I would believe the key
>point would be that the TBI could provide per the engine's displacement.
>IF this is true, (my theory could be way out in left field on this) then
>would ANY TBI that was designed for an engine displacement reasonably close
>to the 225 slant 6 work????

You are correct in your thinking. However retrofitting does not have the
glamor of building from sctatch.

>	If it would work, then why not go to the junk yard and by a used TBI setup
>- get everything; wiring harness, computer, TB, necessary sensors, etc???

I done just that.

>	It would be cheaper and the cost per experimental factor would be lower.

It was lower and the experimental factor was nill. I found the stock systems
very forgiving. I also see no "brand" barriors. GM should work on ford,
chrysler just as carbs did.

>	The reason why I'm suggesting this is that I've found the S-10 to Jeep
>amazingly easy to work with SO FAR.  I've been able to easily pare down the
>wiring harness to be stand alone, in addition, to planning on modifying the
>injector output to compensate for the slightly increased engine size. (S-10
>was 2.8L mine is a 3.4L)  I would think this could be done in other
>similiar situations.
>
>	Now, this is just a theory, so no flames necessary.  EFI technology is
>something new for me and hypothisising is non-taxable.

No need to flame you...yet. We'll just douse you with high octane gas and
position our thumbs on our lighters for quick response :^{}  On a serious
note, I encourage you to go full steam ahead on your project. There are
quite a few people that know OEM ECMs, so help is just a stroke away.

GMD