TPS and RPM only?

G. M. Roberts snyek at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 26 02:28:48 GMT 1997

You wrote:

>Hi gang.  Am I the only one who believes that the OEM FI systems can't
be
>beat for cost, performance, and realibility on STREET driven, fairly
STOCK
>engines? The last TBI conversion I did was an 89 TBI system to an '75
>engine. Cost me about $200 in salvage yard parts and worked
flawlessly! I'll
>comment futher, only if there is intrest.
>
>GMD
>

>>>   George:

I have an interest in this..  Have an 87 El Camino with a Rochester
electronic q-jet.  What would be perfect donor vehicle for a complete
engine TPI swap?  I had a 88 caprice lined up with a blown engine,
however it had TBI.  I would prefer a 350 sbc.  My 350 has about 110k
on it now and the prior owner didnt believe in oil changes.  I have
been studying the Hartman book for a couple of weeks now.

george
Clark, N.J.