100 mph

Mark Glicksman mglicksm at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Wed Mar 26 06:30:07 GMT 1997

Tom Cloud wrote:

> recently, while off-roading in my '95 Suburban  ;-)
> I observed that it cut off quite nicely at 100 mph.
> It was rather a surprising feeling, to have the behemoth
> just shut down and then cut back on, so I had to do it
> again, and -- sure enough -- that's what it does.  At
> precisely 100 mph.  I understand there's those that
> can make this number smaller (as I wouldn't want any
> one but me driving that fast).
>
> Anyone out there know where in the ROM this little bit
> of info resides, and how to change or delete it?
>
> Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>

Wow, that's really odd.  It almost sounds dangerous.  I myself drove
cross country this past december and hit spped probably between 100 -
115 miles per hour on some of the long stretches (in my 1987 Buick Park
Avenue) and never had the engine cut out.  Something like that at that
speed would probably make me turn white with fear.  Did you call GM
about this

			VTY
			Mark Glicksman
			mglicksm at suffolk.lib.ny.us