TPS and RPM only?

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Mar 26 04:55:45 GMT 1997

-> Hi gang.  Am I the only one who believes that the OEM FI systems
-> can't be beat for cost, performance, and realibility on STREET
-> driven, fairly STOCK engines? The last TBI conversion I did was an 89
-> TBI system to an '75 engine. Cost me about $200 in salvage yard parts
-> and worked flawlessly! I'll comment futher, only if there is intrest.

 For $200 and a stock engine I'd leap on it.  For $200 and a modified
engine I'd even pay the Chip Gods their vigorish to blow a PROM that'd
work okay.  For $200 I'd even try it myself.

 Unfortunately salvage yard prices seem to vary widely.  A complete TPI,
manifold, sensors, wiring harness, pump/tank, ECU, and various doodads
is a cool $1000 at any salvage yard in central Arkansas.  Buying a wreck
to strip is still not an option, as the yards and insurance companies
have a nice little working deal on that.  Any fourth gen EFI car with a
useful system is still too new to find sitting up on blocks in anyone's
back yard yet.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==