TPS and RPM only?

steve at imes.com steve at imes.com
Wed Mar 26 04:32:57 GMT 1997

George M. Dailey wrote:

> Hi gang.  Am I the only one who believes that the OEM FI systems can't be
> beat for cost, performance, and realibility on STREET driven, fairly STOCK
> engines? The last TBI conversion I did was an 89 TBI system to an '75
> engine. Cost me about $200 in salvage yard parts and worked flawlessly! I'll
> comment futher, only if there is intrest.
>
> GMD

I think you are exactly right.  Like someone else mentioned, however, it
lacks the glamour of building from scratch.

I am on the EFI-332 list, and am buying all the parts, but am torn
between using it (lots of work) and using a GM system (fast return on
effort).  Guess I'll just have to buy another engine...

--steve