EPROM Programming

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 26 03:58:09 GMT 1997

Hi all, I've been subscribing to this DIY/EFI page for several months
and it has a lot of great info. I've learned a lot. Now I have a
question. I purchased the Master Tune program for my 87 YB (Vette) and
it works great. The question I have is regarding programming the EPROM
in the Memcal. I can't get the eprom to read without errors or program
beyond the first three lines (When I look at the code in the buffer). I
cut out the old EPROM on the original Memcal and soldered in a low
profile low force insertion socket and using over the counter National
27cp128 proms I can program and they work great. I just want to use the
orininal eprom. It's soldered in and would look stock. What kind of
resistance caused problems. I checked every terminal with a DVOM and the
resistance is .04 - .06 Ohms. Is this my problem.

Also my car has the 4+3 trans and defaults to OD on every key cycle when
coolant temp hits 126 deg f. Anyone know the address to kill the
default?  Hope I hear back.  Mark.

I can resist everything exept speeding and temptation!