351W - 4WD Bronco app (SC/TC)

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 21:45:15 GMT 1997

<<
 This goes in the "information" file for me, as I still have
 the engine install to do.  I do need to find out why he does
 not recommend the ProJection, and what he does recommend
 for fuel control.  Also, what am I going to have to do
 as far as ignition control?

 What would an estimated turnkey install cost?  When I get it
 running, I'll drive to San Antonio and he can look at it.

 How can one turbo work?  Wouldn't that put an unequal
 backpressure load on one side of the engine?  Does that
 mean I would have to go back to single exhaust? >>

Hey...Corky Bell sounds like a cool guy...
I think the reason he does not recommend the ProJection is because of the
fact that the ProJection is a TBI unit (correct me if I'm wrong)...and it
would require more work to fab an air bonnet type of device to route the air
through the ProJection's throttle body assembly. As far as ignition, I think
you can got with the stock ignition and run an MSD 6BTM or Crane Hi-6TR or
the new Holley ProStrip Annihilator (my personal fav  :)  as they all have a
boost retard feature which will come in handy.

Not sure about the cost...

As for the single turbo...it's situated (well, most kits run this setup)
behind the headlight assembly (roughly) of the driver's side headlight...the
manifold on that side runs right up to the turbo. And there is a crossover
pipe that runs from the manifold on the other side up to the turbo as well.
The distance it has to travel is of course greater...so there may be some
backpressure difference...but none that seem to adversely affect the engine
in any way. As for the turbo back exhaust, I think you can go to single
exhaust...but you can probably keep a dual setup. There will be one downpipe
coming from the turbo leading down to the rest of the exhaust (I'm unsure of
what happens here)...but I'm assuming that you can y the exhaust at taht
point into a dual system. My suggestion is to use a 3" downpipe and then 3"
piping for the dual also...with turbos...the more flow...the better!