Turbo Talk... & HKS Controllers

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 21:47:03 GMT 1997

<< I don't know what the max duty cycle is - maybe it is high enough
 to be a PWM boost controller. It is doing its work on the intake side.
 If anyone has one of these it would be easy to stick a test light on the
 solenoid (it is at the front top of the engine compartment) and watch
 it in action.  I'll look around for the manual. >>

If it acts on the intake side, then it's a pop off valve. There should then
still be a wastegate on the turbine compressor housing of the turbo that
actually controls how much boost it is producing. The APS is then most likely
a pop off vavle that just makes sure the intake manifold pressure never
reaches a critical level...so it jsut opens and bleeds off excess pressure
when it senses danger...