Venturi effect with efi throttle bodies

Bruno! b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au
Fri Mar 28 12:49:03 GMT 1997

Hi all,

I was wondering about needing a venturi in a TBI system to aid in
increasing air speed through a manifold, as this is used to suck air/fuel
from a carb into the airstream in a carbed system. Is this unnecessary in
EFI? wouldn't low-end torque suffer due to a lack of air speed at low revs?

My apologies for such a gumby question, i am in the thinking stage for an
TBI system for my car, and wouldn't want to overlook such a thing while
designing it. I will be using stromberg throttle bodies (just the
throttle - no venturi) bolted to what will essentially be 38mm ID Al
piping with injector mounts.

Thanks very much,

		Bruno. (b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au)

	Early to bed, Early to rise
	Makes a man and woman miss out on the night life
						-Morphine