Venturi effect with efi throttle bodies

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 28 19:44:43 GMT 1997

I guess, now that I'm thinking more clearly (blurry eyes can't
see the screen), the original question I responded to .... I
read it wrong.  He wanted to know why you can't just squirt
the gas into the plenum, basically.  The small throat/venturi
is required to get enough velocity/turbulence to mix the gas.
Once it leaves the TBI throat, it sorta "stagnates" as the flow
velocity slows down and often falls ("rains") out onto the
floor of the manifold, hence the heated crossover.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>