MAF TBI

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Sat Mar 29 14:51:41 GMT 1997

George M. Dailey wrote:

> Ladies & Gentlemen, MAF TBI has the greatest potential of being the
> "Holy Grail" of a universal fuel injection system for almost any
> engine, from single cylinder to V12. Feed on this:

George, neat idea, but GM really did not mix MAF and TBI.  There are no
present older ECMs that do what you want.

I also agree with you that the OEM stuff is the way to go.  It justs
takes a while to learn how it works.

> I'm not 100% sure that full asyncronus operation is possible or
> desirable.

The GM V-6 such as the TBI 4.3L are mostly always async.  They have an
open plenum intake manifold and I guess that GM was worried about mixture
distribution.

Scot Sealander    Sealand at clarityconnect.com